Space Intelligence offers a range of products and services, suitable for Environmental Impact Assessment, and ongoing ecosystem monitoring. We provide you with the intelligence that you need for your internal and external reporting; your clients; and for broader engagement. We do the data processing, analysis, and summary work, allowing you to get the key facts you need, backed by independent world-class science.
We won’t push technology on you. In fact, we understand you want timely answers to your business critical questions, and not techno-speak (though we’re always happy to talk about science and technology). We aim to provide clear, concise reporting in plain English, that delivers the intelligence you need in a professional manner.
Our core services are:
Historical deforestation assessment: Bronze service
- Analysis of existing deforestation datasets from the Global Forest Watch / Hansen dataset. This bronze service allows you to rapidly acquire baseline information about your area of interest (AOI). We provide a two-page report in English, showing:
- a colour-coded map of deforestation over your AOI, as an image file ready to insert into your company reports (e.g. a .png file, a .jpeg file; please specify when ordering)
- summary statistics: 1. mean deforestation over your AOI for the availability of the entire dataset, which is currently only available for the years 2000-2016; 2. Annual breakdown of area of deforestation in the AOI.
Historical deforestation assessment: Bronze service +
- Bronze service + offers you the Bronze service above, plus the option for further data analysis:
- data extraction and comparative analysis between two categories within your AOI e.g. deforestation in primary forest areas vs deforestation in secondary forest areas; or deforestation in national park boundaries, vs inside HCV forest boundaries. OR,
- point level extraction of forest loss statistics (you provide the coordinates, and we provide the deforestation rate data at that point or series of points within a defined buffer e.g. 5 km x 5 km) OR
- carbon emissions estimates associated with deforestation observed
Historical deforestation assessment: Silver service
- Silver service provides you with deforestation data up to the present time (vs. the Global Forest Watch data which is two years out of date)
- You will receive a map of deforestation in your area of interest for one year up to the present date; plus a summary report of the statistics of deforestation in your AOI over the last year.
Historical deforestation assessment: Silver service +
- Silver service plus provides you with the benefits of Silver service, plus the option for cloud-free high resolution (10 m pixels) before and after images, for additional peace of mind, and providing imagery for use on websites, in reports etc.
Historical deforestation assessment: Gold service
- Under our Gold service, we combine data from multiple types of satellite and field data to prove the highest quality of deforestation analysis. You can also include options from the services above, and also specify uncertainties, and request a more detailed consultancy report. Please contact us for details.
Advanced landscape mapping
- Landscape map creation, using advanced classification of satellite imagery.
- Please note that you will need to provide ground data for this service. If you do not hold such data we can also provide field data collection services by one of our experienced associates.
- Marine map creation (coastal zone managment).
- Monitoring of deforestation and forest degradation.
- Mining impact detection, and compliance monitoring. .
Satellite data acquisition and analysis consultancy
- Consultancy on satellite tasking, data acquisition and processing. (Pricing is context and data-dependent. Please contact us with detailed requirements for a quote).
Forest carbon stock estimation and mapping
- Forest carbon stock estimation and mapping
Pricing is context and data-dependent. Please contact us directly to discuss the details of your project, so we can understand what you need from the end of the process.
Your results are tailored to your needs, whether you require simply summary statistics for CSR report, or whether you team requires GeoTiffs with per-pixel estimates of forest carbon.
If you analyse data using your own in-house team, we can hep reduce costs by using our automated systems to supply per-processed satellite data. If you need new data sets but are unsure precisely what the best option is for you, we are happy to advise. We can talk through new data acquisition from tasking satellites over your area of interest, and if you wish, purchase and process that data for you.
We are also happy to talk through bespoke projects, and particular challenges that you may have which may be addressed using satellite data. Please get in touch to talk through the challenge you are facing and we’d be happy to talk through potential solutions.